Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Online Safety

Alright, so I've heard about the Milan student making a bomb threat. His name is Anthony E. Caputo, 17, and goes to Milan High School. Apparently he made a bomb threat online because he was “bored”. The boys’ post said, “You don’t know what it’s like, I constantly fantasize of blowing up the wing as I walk away with the explosions behind me … .”
Another student had made a comment saying that was considered a bomb threat and he responded with, “Yes, let me make it more clear, I Anthony Caputo will bomb the new project based learning wing of Milan.” Then added, “Let the suspension begin! Maybe now I won’t have to come back to this god forsaken wing again.”
This senior is now being charged with threating, which can add up to four years for a bomb threat and seven years for an online threat. He will be in court on October 24, at 2:30 p.m.
I don’t think this threat should be taken seriously because it’s on Facebook and were lines from Dark Night.  Therefore, he should not be punished for something he obviously did not mean. It would be like me getting in trouble for breaking something that’s not broken. He is in his late teens close to being an adult, he shouldn’t have to spend the next eleven years in jail for something so minor.

No comments:

Post a Comment